- It is important to stand back and access your home from a buyers perspective, how they might feel walking into your home for the first time. Therefore, tip number 1 is first impressions matter.
- Can a buyer see the features of your home and the size of the spaces so they can imagine their own furniture in your home? Tip number 2 is this, declutter and simplify rooms to give each space a purpose.
- These days we are all so busy, more than ever a buyer wants a property that doesn't need work, which leads me to tip number 3, get to those maintenance things that you have been putting off. This includes things like freshening up your gardens with new mulch, clipping hedges, cleaning inside and out, painting where needed and checking all the lights and smoke alarms. This may seem like overkill but it all helps in giving the impression to the buyer that they can move in and not have to do a thing.
- Tip number 4, listen to your agent, they know the market and what your buyers will want, following their advise is paramount to getting your top sales price.
- Tip number 5, don't sell your home empty! There are no good reasons to sell your property empty unless it has been sold off the plan. Property styling is the finishing touch that sellers are demanding in this market. It adds thousands of dollars your sales price and in almost all cases the property has sold much quicker.
- Tip number 6, if your home is in the higher end bracket and you are seeking a premium price it may be best to get professional advise. This is a great idea if your property needs a freshen up before going on the market. An interior designer can offer advise on paint colours, furniture layouts, light selections and accessories that will enhance your properties best features and create an emotional response in potential buyers.
- Tip number 7, if you are on a budget and need a makeover, consider investing in some new accessories to freshen up your home. These things include white bed linen, candles, fresh flowers, new artwork, cushions and throws to compliment your existing pieces. If all of that sounds like too much work, we offer accessory packs to hire for the duration of your campaign and free advise with any package purchased through us.
The real estate market is fast paced, ever changing and incredibly competitive. Your home, when put up for sale, will be competing with many others in the same category and the race is on to make your property stand out amongst the rest. The internet is the first place your property will be seen by your buyer, this is your opportunity to make the best first impression. This is one of many reasons why property styling is such an emerging trend.
1. Property styling offers the wow factor.
2. Your buyer will decide in the first ten seconds whether they are interested or not. Property Styling works to make an impact as soon as they walk in the front door.
3. Our experience with the market means we know how to style a space that will appeal to your buyer. We look at your potential traffic flow that occurs on open days and we design a furniture layout that compliments the space.
4. Furniture and accessories are sourced and made to highlight your homes best features so your buyer really appreciates your homes uniqueness. We work with your property, not against it.
5. We can advise and assist in the process of a quick makeover to enhance the qualities and features of your property.
6. We are passionate about creating a space that has been thoughtfully put together and designed in a way that shows attention to detail and showcases a home the has had the considerations of a qualified interior designer.
If you would like to add thousands of dollars to your sales price please contact our experienced team via email or phone. We look forward to hearing from you.
Lindsay Southwell 0416839157